Effective Date: January 30, 2006
- The Information We Collect and Use
The information we collect falls into two categories: (1) information about you and your ReQuest Product that we collect when you register your ReQuest Product and establish an ARQLink Service account on our website, www.ARQLink.com (hereafter, "Account Information"); and (2) diagnostic information, including information about system settings, statistics, capacity and memory, and operating temperature and voltage, that your ReQuest Product periodically transmits to us over the Internet (hereafter, "Diagnostic Information").
- Account Information. When you register your ReQuest Product and establish an ARQLink Service account, we will ask you to enter the serial number for your product and create an account name and password. We also will ask you to enter your first and last name and email address, but this information is not required to establish an account. In some cases, the dealer who sold you your ReQuest Product may register your product and establish an ARQLink account with us on your behalf. If your dealer registered your ReQuest Product for you, be sure to ask your dealer representative for a copy of the Account Information he or she may have provided to us on your behalf. We use your Account Information to provide you with access to the ARQLink Service, provide the necessary resources to your ReQuest Product, send you system support alerts, and communicate with you regarding your account, changes to the ARQLink Service and the products and services we offer. In addition, from time to time we may use your Account Information, such as your email address, to provide you with offers from third-party companies offering products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Diagnostic Information. Every ReQuest Product that is registered to an ARQLink Service account (and every AudioReQuest ("ARQ") system version 2.2.0 or higher model unit that is connected to the Internet) periodically transmits to our servers a log file that includes the system's serial number, Internet Protocol (IP) address and current system settings and capacity, as well as general statistical information regarding the content on the system. (For example, if your ARQ system is registered to your ARQLink account, your ARQ system will transmit to ARQLink the number of artists, genres, albums and recordings currently stored on your ARQ unit. The unit will not transmit actual song or album titles, artist names, or other similar information about the content stored on your ARQ.) These log file transmissions also include information about the enclosure temperature, hard drive S.M.A.R.T. data, memory usage, and voltage of your unit. We use this Diagnostic Information to improve our products and services, monitor trends in usage, create warnings when a system falls out of design parameters and provide our customer support team with information that is useful for troubleshooting purposes when problems are identified with specific units.
- Disclosure of Information
- No Disclosure to Advertisers. We will not rent or sell our users' email addresses or other personally-identifiable information to advertisers.
- Aggregated Information. We may collect or have a third-party collect on our behalf aggregated statistical information about our customers and the ways in which they use our products and services. This information does not identify you personally. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the products and services we offer. We reserve the right to disclose aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information collected from our users to third parties for any purpose.
- Sale of Business. In the unlikely event that ReQuest, one of our business units, or substantially all of its assets is acquired by another company, information about our users would be among the transferred assets.
- Contractors and Vendors. When we use other companies to help us operate our business or improve the products and services we offer to you, we may provide them with information about our users that is necessary for them to perform services for us. In these circumstances, we require that these companies commit to use the information they receive solely to perform the services that we request.
- Other Disclosures. We reserve the right to release any information collected from our users when disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, the public or ReQuest.
- Your Choices Regarding Our Collection of Information
- Account Information. If you wish to use our ARQLink Service on an anonymous basis, you can choose a non personally-identifying account name and decline to provide your name and email address when you register your system and establish your ARQLink Service account. You also can modify or delete the name and email address fields of your account profile at any time by logging on to your account at www.ARQLink.com. Of course, if you do not provide with us with your name, we cannot provide you the same personalized customer service that other customers enjoy, and, if you do not provide us with your email address, we will not be able to contact you with support alerts, updates and other communications regarding your system and the services we offer.
- Diagnostic Information. If you do not want your ReQuest Product to transmit Diagnostic Information to ReQuest, you should refrain from establishing an ARQLink Service account. (The default settings on all AudioReQuest ("ARQ") systems version 2.2.0 and later model units are configured to transmit Diagnostic Information to our servers whether or not the unit is registered to an ARQLink Service account. Accordingly, if you have connected an ARQ system version 2.2.0 or later model to the Internet and do not want it to transmit Diagnostic Information to our servers, you will need to adjust the default web server settings for your unit by logging onto the ARQ's local web server, clicking on settings, and under the ARQLink Settings group, changing the "Report to ARQLink" dropdown box setting to "No.") Of course, if you prevent your product from transmitting Diagnostic Information, we will not be able to monitor the performance of your product and warn you if your unit falls out of operating temperature parameters or other design specifications. And if you contact our support team to report a problem with your system, we may not be able to diagnose or troubleshoot your problem as effectively if we do not have access to log files for your unit.
The information we collect from our users is stored in ReQuest-controlled databases (or databases hosted on our behalf) on servers maintained in protected environments. Passwords you provide to us online are secured for transmission over the Internet using industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. Although these security measures are robust, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, or guarantee that information transmitted by your system won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- How to Contact ReQuest
ReQuest Serious Play LLC
14 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065